• Physical Barriers: It is illegal for any establishment to have a physical barrier that prevents or inhibits a disabled person from using that establishment.
Physical barriers include:
- Parking spaces without access aisles.
- Steps, steep walkways or narrow entryways.
- Inaccessible counters, bathrooms and fixtures.
- Insufficient maneuvering clearance.
- Inaccessible examination table.
• Communication Barriers: It is illegal for a business or local government to refuse customers who are deaf, hard of hearing or who have speech disabilities with an accessible means of communication such as sign language interpreters, Braille, large-type material, or refusal to communicate by telephone relay service.
Similarly, it is illegal for business or local government to refuse individuals who are blind or with low vision with effective means of communications.
• Segregation or unequal treatment and services:
- Segregated seating or entrance.